Turn leftover grilled chicken into a delicious and completely different meal in minutes, with this quick and easy meal. We often grill a lot of boneless chicken breasts at one time, then freeze most of them for later. Sometimes, we just have some left over, but not enough for each of us to have a whole chicken breast. That’s when it’s time to make a grilled chicken salad, or this new dish inspired by my daughter. She used the sun-dried tomatoes. We added the spaghetti squash. Serve with a salad and/or a side of a healthy vegetable.
- Grilled, broiled, or baked chicken
- 1 Tsb. extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- Tomato paste*
- Garlic paste*
* For this recipe, I use the tomato and garlic paste that comes in tubes. A whole can of tomato paste is not needed for this recipe. The tubes can be re-capped and refrigerated.
- Cut your chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat about 1 tablespoons of EVOO in a saute pan.
- Add the tomato paste and garlic paste.
- Allow the pastes to dissolve, and blend with the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and the cubed chicken. Cook until tomatoes are softened, and both are warmed.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or over spaghetti squash.